Monday, December 03, 2007

November Recap

Above: Doing yoga on top of Algonquin :)

Greetings to my lovely blog readers! I'm sorry that I am not more faithful in writing on this blog, for your sake, I wish that I was. Since I last wrote (homecoming, I think it was) I've completed two more semesters of my Junior year at GCC, I've gone backpacking and summited three mountains in the Adirondack mountains in New York, I've turned 21, I've determined what really is wrong with my shoulder and am planning to have surgery, and I enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving break.

I will not flood you with millions of details ( I might include a few pictures) but this semester has been a good one for me. I've been having a lot of fun, and also working hard. When I went to the Adirondacks, I went with my friends Sarah, Dale, and Steve (who lives in NY). I unfortunately brought my big hiking boots instead of my day hikers, and had lovely blisters. We backpacked for three days- we climbed Colden, Algonquin, and one that starts with a P (forgive me, Steve Dunbar, for not remembering). The weather was actually really nice, except for when it rained for a day straight, and when we got 'socked-in' on one of the mountains. Other than that, it was a lovely trip.



Last week was my Thanksgiving vacation. I really had a wonderful time playing with my nieces and nephews, which was one of my main focuses. I rode bikes with Christopher, burned a grilled cheese at Melly's house when I was watching her girls, picked up Lucy from school, took Molly to the grocery store where she was mistaken for my daughter, and taught Cappie how to give a high-five. So, on that front it was a great break. I had a lovely time at the doctor- and finally figured out what is wrong with my shoulder. As it turns out, I have an extra bone in my shoulder (go figure) and so that is why my shoulder always makes that 'grinding' noise. I even had to get an MRI- which turned out to be a scary experience for me- and the good news is, there is nothing wrong with my neck. SO, I'm having shoulder surgery on December 28th, 2007. Good Times.

Well, for now I must leave you, but I will promise to be more faithful in my writing. And next time I'm going to write about a cute boy. ;)

Love, Laura

No comments: