This sweek is my first week back at school. I would like to say that it is magical and snowy, that i'm inspired to start off my new classes with a fresh start, that everything is a fresh beginning, and all things are moving along perfectly. On the contrary, this semester has been harder to start, and those reasons are three-fold.
Real quick, a summary of my christmas break, at least what i tell everyone when they ask how it was. I say it was uneventful. Lies. Christmas was crazy busy before and after. Three days after Christmas, i had surgery on my shoulder. I was in a sling for 10 days, and spent the rest of my time at home watching tv and reading books. yes, i know you say this sounds lovely, but near the end of break, i was ready to leave home. And i did leave, and i was so excited because i was going to Evan's for the weekend. I arrived there on a Thursday night, and was there till Sunday morning. I spent time at his house, experienced some things in his town, watched lots of movies, and got to know his family. His parents are really nice. HIs whole family is quiet. In Belmont, NY, where he lives, they live in an older and bigger house. it's heated by a wood stove, and my room was kinda chilly, but it was fun. We went to a maple syrup farm for lunch on two different days, i saw an antique auction (briefly), i saw the plant where he works with his dad, and we went to a fish fry on Friday night. I had a good time, but it was different than i expected.
This is one of the reasons for my January funk.
The second reason for my funk is the weather. It's cold. the other day it was 8 degrees. the windows in my room are drafty, we keep the shades shut to keep warm air in. i sleep with three blankets and a down comforter. I don't want to go outside sometimes. So it is hard to get started sometimes when it is cold. Perhaps emily is right, with the cold, i really don't want to get out of bed!
The third reason for my funk has to do with the anxiety that goes along with the first week of the semester, and the fact that this time last year, jake and i broke up, and that was a very bad time for me. KT can attest, it was not a good time. I get nervous about classes, who i'll see, who i'll eat with, silly things like that. and then i'm anxious about evan, and i can't help but remember these same anxious feelings that i experienced this week last year, right before jake and i broke up.
Well, now that i've divulged all of my personal thoughts to the internet, and whoever reads my blog, i'm going to bed. I'm tired by the cold, ABT, anxiety, and i just want to hide from it all.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment