Friday, April 25, 2008

6-2 Victory

Last night I went down to Pittsburgh last night for a Cardinals/Pirates game. PNC park is fun and all, but it doesn't have as nearly as much charm the Busch stadium has. I went with my friends Jenny and Allison, who are in the picutre, and Jules, Mike Hess, and Mike's friend Abby. We sat in the bleacher section in right field, really close to the right field foul pole. While nothing compared to the awesome seats that papa gets, they were still really fun and we could see most of what was hapening, including Piniero's kick save, which made ESPN's top ten plays of Thursday; i was so proud of my cardinals. The guys sitting behind me made friends with me, not beating me up for cheering for the cardinals, which is always a plus. I tried to keep score (the scorecards are cheaper at PNC, beause who wants to keep schore for a loosing team?) but lasted only until about the seventh inning. Overall, it was a pleasent time and i'm really glad that i took the night off to go watch my boys play. Although, i will admit that i have no idea who some of the no poeple are . . . i was clueless about half of our team!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

emily remington said...

sadly i'm clueless about half the team, too... glad i'm not alone there. and you looked so cute in your cards duds!

Blake said...

Hey Laura. Wish I was still in Pittsburgh to see the Cardinals come to town. And I am with you on the whole charm thing. PNC is alright, but no Busch Stadium.

Oh, and I love that black dress you wore to that formal thing. You should "accidently" forget to return that to your friend.