Monday, April 07, 2008

A surprising weekend

This weekend, I stood on a very large rock and hugged a tree about 10 feet off the ground (picture on the right). Did I do this at school? negative ghostrider. I was planning a simple and relaxed weekend- i was going to hang out with an old outing club friend and go to dinner, and maybe watch a movie later that night, and go shopping on saturday, but also do lots of work. Instead, on Friday I spontaneously was asked to the AEX spring party by my friend Paul, and I spontaneously accepted! The AEX spring party is really more of a retreat and it goes all weekend long. It was at a church campground over in Slippery Rock. Paul and i got there about 10 pm at night, and I was quite a surprise to some people- i was welcomed with open arms, and i cannot tell you how wonderful that felt. After feeling pretty lonely and down the last two weeks, it was very good for me to go to the retreat. Friday night was a devo and then hanging out (i participated in a large game of Loaded Questions) and then breakfast and hiking at McConnels Mills and lunch on saturday. After the hiking, Paul and I headed back to campus, but it was still so much fun. There were only about 10 girls that were there and about 3o of AEX.
The rest of my saturday was spent in quiet studying to get all my work done for the weekend, and a little bit of Knitting. Jake Morrison was actually on campus, so i saw him for about 10 minutes, but nothing notable came out of that. Sunday was quiet wonderful. I went to my friend Kim's senior trumpet recital. I'm so proud of her, she played so well! and of course, i got in my sunday nap. So that was my weekend! it was actually really fun, as opposed to the strangeness of other Grove City weekends . . . .

No comments: